It’s time to go to the GHC!
This week I’ll be traveling to the Great Homeschool Convention and gearing up for our biggest investment in our home life.
I will be listening and learning from the nation’s experts in education, homeschooling, parenting, and family life.
Check out the list of speakers here.
I’m planning on writing about at least 3 sessions – and you can have a say on which ones! Let me know who you would like to hear from either in review or interview, and I’ll consider adding them to my list.
Here’s a sample of some of the sessions:
- I want to QUIT homeschooling!
- Nurturing the Writer in Your Child
- Why Children Must Play to Learn
- My Child Can Read, So Why Can’t He Spell?
- Am I Doing Enough? Implementing the Classical Christian Model in the Elementary Years
- Balancing the Busy – Practical Encouragement for the Weary Woman
- The Importance of Fathers in Education
- Blood and Morality: The Tradition of Adventure Writing for Boys
- Helping Distractible Students Succeed
- Why Do They Do That? Technology’s Influence Over Your Kids’ Beliefs and Behaviors
- G.K. Chesterton and the Metaphysics of Amazement
These are just a few of my favorite session titles. There are many MANY more to choose from and many more topics than these – like teaching science, handling money, college preparation testing, teaching gifted students, and much more.
This is going to be the most exciting year yet!
And when I get back, the plan is to decide what we will be doing for next year! If you’re curious what we came home with last year, you can read the list of sessions we attended or purchased by clicking here.